Sunday 20 April 2014

Lemek Pride

This where I started my Job as a Guide in the Mara in 1987, I was young full on and exited and curious, We so a lot of Lions then, every place we went east or west will find lions in two's or singles, a sign of health in any eco system, We open our camp in the Middle of the Maasai Mara and that made me leave the area for some times, When I came back 2010, I was shock to find a pride of 28 lions to 4 only, I had no words to speak off what happen, I was so sad but still love the place, soon after I followed the pride again and today they are 5 big Lioness and 4 subs, a few Males are here and there Lemek its coming back again thank to the conservation efforts around the Conservancy, Like Mara North, and Olchoro, The Large family from Mara North will help a great deal the lions population in this place, Now they are nearly 40 lions in one pride for sure its a matter of time before we witness an explosion of lions in Lemek, Olchoro, Mara North, Conservancy, I am exited again I am witnessing new energy efforts and love from the community than every before, Thank You all, Jackson Looseyia,

11 comments:

Mike Attwood said...

That is good to know, Jackson. Keep up the good work.

becki-c said...

It is so good to see the growth! 40 lions is a lot, do you think the pride will stay together or split? I love watching Big Cat Diary to watch the social structure of prides and how they sometimes split and join.

Shotyourself said...

Can't wait for your next updates on Nick and David, seems like they tookover a big the pride called The Enkoyeni, I hope we will get news atlest from you, it will be very difficult to get info about them right now.I hope they will stay with the double crossing pride,because there are so many nomads,so many coalitions of young males.I hope you bump into Moja too , his mother was mating some weeks ago with two unknown males,one with beautiful eyes and dark mane like Clawed had.

Unknown said...

Jackson- have you ever "petted" or touched a full grown lion or lioness?

Sarah Skinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Skinner said...

this is very positive and encouraging! Andy and I to remember the large pride around Aitong, numbering 27 in 2005 and were shocked to hear as this number decreased rapidly. A reversal of this trend is much needed. Kudos to the Mara North Conservancy et al.

Life with Ragdolls said...

So beautiful.

Unknown said...

Jackson, any new blogs?:) btw any chance for a NEW 2014 Big Cat Diary?

Jackson Looseyia said...

Hi Kevin,

I will write more blogs when i go to the field and by the way I have not had any plans from Big cat diary if they are coming to do more filming
Asanti,

Jackson

Unknown said...

oh I SO SO HOPE that they do. I pray that I will see you Simon,Jon, Saba etc...

Cadet Brown said...

What has become of Tamu since the trouble with the Marsh Pride? I know that she was a lone female, but was she a relative of the pride? Was she at least allowed back in?