Sunday 19 October 2014

Good Morning my Friends around the globe, hope you are doing well in your offices, My office is good happy to be in it reporting from my Maasai Mara office, This year I had absave some interesting fact on wildlife impact in the Mara, I had camp for 4 month this year at Nkorbob Olareorok area, In the evening we see as many as 15 to 20,000 heads of cattle coming into the game reserve, while we have to be soft on the community in had times I have say the impact on wildlife is far more greater than the help to our community, Prides have to change Teritory, cheetahs move out, Bufallo move out, and the Elephant grassing was so thin, the hyena increase by 70% while the small animals degrees, Animals like Bat eared fax, wild cats, Serval, Caricals, Duiker, reedbuck, Bush buck, water back just to name a few did get affected, The Possitive news on the Maa people is we do not poach animals end of the story, I then camp on the Mara Triangle the same time same year, I was amaizing to be there and see the different and it's just divided by a river nothing more, I camp at Dirisha, Olaro campsite and Kampi Ya Mungu, its a different administration and you will not believe me in less than an an hour I have seen the big five, I can't tell you enough what Brian Hearth and his team of the same Maasai Rangers had achief, the species count here is far superior than any othe national park I have ever visited, The Eli's, heads of Bufalos, prides, all the little animals, Oribi, cliff springs, Mountain Reedbuck, just to name a few, This include the 4 Masketies from the Marsh pride had move over due to cattle presure it's breath taking, Over the years I supported the cattle wildlife option but I came to realize they dont work in other parst as much to tell you my openion, if I will be ask today what will be may input I will say zero cattle in any wildlife area period, Asanti Sana, jackson Looseyia,

4 comments:

Stan Calin said...

Someone need to stop the rangers to bring their cattles in the reserve! Any incidents between lions and cattle? the only incident from this year was with some of the Marsh pride members including Scar and the younger sub-adult daughter of Bibi.

Long live Mr Looseyia! Cheers!

becki-c said...

I sure hope that the ranchers appreciate what you do for them and send you great good will, this is quite a disruption.

Unknown said...

hi Jackson:) Kevin again (in Canada). Why are there usually a lot of FLIES on lions faces and head? Is it the moisture on the lion's eyes and noses and mouth that attracts them?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, what a frontal shot of that majestic lion! What a priceless painting that would make. Many thanks for the pictures and updates in 'your office'!